Happy Birthday....

Lounge By cakesdivine Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 1:26am by cakesdivine

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:22am
post #1 of 6

TO ME!

I just got home from a wonderful birthday party that my family threw for me at The Magic Time Machine restaurant here in San Antonio. Capt. Jack Sparrow was our waiter, and he, and the Ace Ventura guy serenaded me, it was hilarious!

The cake was a bomb though. icon_razz.gif My sister went to a very upscale bakery in Houston and brought the cake all the way to SA for my birthday today. She picked it up around 3:30 today and came straight to the restaurant with it. It was suppose to be a dark chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream.

It was a light brown colored, very dry, vanilla cake (no detectible chocolate flavor anywhere. And the icing was whipped cream icing with vanilla bean mixed in. It was AWFUL! icon_mad.gif But, we didn't let it ruin my bday...we all just laughed at the fact that I should send my sister home with one of my dk choc cakes with my vanilla butter cream and tell them that THIS is what a choc cake & butter cream should taste like!... icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 6

Happy Birthday and your right. Noone makes cakes as great as the ones you see here on CC.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 6

Sounds like fun.......Happy Birthday! party.gifprincess.gif

Just a thought............the person that made your cake from that upscale bakery could be a member of CC. I'm always amazed at the number of members on this site.

cakesdivine Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 6

I didn't say what bakery now did I?.. icon_wink.gif

Do you know how many bakeries there are in Houston? And I didn't say it was ugly it was actually very pretty. This bakery is a cafe & bakery and they produce cakes out like a grocery store does. Assembly line method, not a custom cake shop at all. In bakeries like these there is a dedicated baker, someone who mixes all the icings and then a separate decorator. So it isn't the decorator's fault the cake tasted bad....LOL!

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

so sorry you cake tasted horrible, but if you had a good time, that's all that matters, something to laugh about next year icon_smile.gif

My birthday was on thursday but I don't get to celebrate with my family til Monday. Since I've been making cakes for everyone else my brother is making me a cake!! haha he asked what I wanted, so I came up with something ridiculous and said "I want a pink pony cake" !!! He said hes making it, I'll let you know how it turns out lol

cakesdivine Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:26am
post #6 of 6

Happy belated bday Sugarwishes! I had a great birthday party and today had a great time doing this wedding cake I posted in my gallery just a little while ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%