Cake Stencils

Decorating By Marmette Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 11:47pm by Marmette

Marmette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marmette Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 12

So i was wondering if anyone knows of any other cake stencil company apart from Design stencils.
I would be glad if someone could help me out with another brand or maybe another way of doing this. Thank you

11 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 12

What is it you're wanting to do? Do you not like their stencils?

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 12

Here is something I've been thinking about for a while. You know the stencil cutting machine that is sold for scrap booking. It's well over $200 in my area. Can your cut a heavier paper or mylar and make cake stencils? I don't scrapbook so don't know anything about the cutter.

Marmette Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 12

well i like their stencils but some of them are a little pricey. so i was wondering what the alternatives are out there

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 12

One of the CCers here (read cake genius) makes her own stencils using ice cream tub lids. With a little patience and a good exacto knife, I think that would be the best solution for unique stencils that you can reuse! icon_smile.gif

xinue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xinue Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #6 of 12

yep, I'm with Marmette , the designs are beautiful but too expensive for me, considering that I live in a country where you can only expend 2500$ because a governmet decree.
I saw an instruction video on their site and the material of the stencil didn't seem too stiff, canregular ecetate work?
the idea of the machine sounds nice!

malishka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 12

what's wrong with the regular stencils one uses for paper projects at Michael's? Do they need to be made out of some sort of special material that I don't know about? They are not very expensive, and if you ONLY use them for cakes I don't see what the problem is.
Am I missing something? I have never stenciled on a cake beofore, but after seeing those 3 videos that were posted, OH....the possibilities. icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:44pm
post #8 of 12

You can buy stencils in the craft dept at walmart or Michaels but they are a little flimsy.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #9 of 12

Global Sugar Art has some that are really beautiful. I've already found 10 that I would sooooo love to have.

Marmette Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:30pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

One of the CCers here (read cake genius) makes her own stencils using ice cream tub lids. With a little patience and a good exacto knife, I think that would be the best solution for unique stencils that you can reuse!

oh so from this i went searching online and i found some stencil cutters online on ebay. and they can melt acetate of mylar so you can make your own stencils. I think that might be the direction for me.

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 10:42pm
post #11 of 12

I just stenciled my first cake (hatbox on top of suitcase in my pic post) and I used a regular stencil I purchased at Michaels for 3.50. (Didnt want to spend alot of money just to practice), and it really worked great.

Marmette Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 11:47pm
post #12 of 12

oh really icon_surprised.gif ill give that a try. thanks for the tip

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%