Crunchy Confetti?

Decorating By fuzzykoala22 Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm by fuzzykoala22

fuzzykoala22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fuzzykoala22 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 2:27am
post #1 of 5

Next week I will be making some cupcakes with my favorite doctored mix and would like to make it "Funfetti" style. Normally, I would just add jimmies to my white cake, but I have some candy sequins (hard, round, and flat) instead because of the color combo I have. I am scared they will bake up in the cake and still be hard. Has any tried this? Do they melt like the jimmies do?
icon_sad.gif

4 replies
soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:43am
post #2 of 5

I know I tried using those for a "funfetti" cake, and I know I didn't like how it turned out. But I can't remember *what* I didn't like because I tried a bunch of different types of sprinkles at once (individually in cupcakes). icon_confused.gif

I kinda want to say that maybe they got gummy? Not hard exactly, but not melted by any means. I could be totally wrong though. I'd suggest just making a small test batch to be on the safe side! thumbs_up.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:55am
post #3 of 5

pop a few of the sprinkles you have in the microwave for a few mins, see how they change. Wait, see if they get hard. My guess is they will get hard.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:06am
post #4 of 5

So funny that you asked this. I was making cupcakes last week and I didn't have jimmies in the right colors, so I was going to use the crunchy little confetti things. I didn't, because I didn't want to "experiment" with cupcakes that were going to be eaten by the general public. icon_razz.gif

I'm no help to you, sorry! I want to know if anyone has experience with this, too! I might have a bit of batter left this weekend. I think I'll be making an experimental cupcake!!! icon_wink.gif

fuzzykoala22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fuzzykoala22 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone! I guess I will have to do a test batch...which is a great chance to also test out my new JUMBO muffin pans I bought last night. FYI, Hobby Lobby is running a special on all Wilton products 40% off! Go to Hobby Lobby's website and print out a coupon. Hurry, it expires after tomorrow! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%