Black Fondant

Decorating By pearsonan Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 2:06pm by andromedaslove

pearsonan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearsonan Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:22pm
post #1 of 7

HELP! I need to know how to turn fondant black. What is the easiest way? icon_cry.gif

6 replies
muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:24pm
post #2 of 7

buy it..

no seriously.. buy it...

Everytime I try to colour fondant black I end up with pink hands for three days...

icon_razz.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:30pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsonan

HELP! I need to know how to turn fondant black. What is the easiest way? icon_cry.gif

What i do is use a brown coloring and get it as dark brown as u can and then add the black until u get the black u want. Or u can make some chocolate fondant and then color it black....it works!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 7

I just made and used black fondant last week! What a a pain. Use gloves if you have a kind that the nasty tatse won't come off of into your fondant(the cheep ones leave a balloon flavor behind) OR there is always the standy by quart size freezer bags over your hands..LOL I have done that too! I saw someone sprayed their fondant black but it was touchy and the color lifted off when messed with so I wouldn't try that. I like Americolors better that anything else for black.

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 7

totally agree with KKC. That is the best way, other wise you will be dying and kneading so much.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:52pm
post #6 of 7

I use purple, dark dark purple and then add black. I find that it takes less purple of any brand color to get it dark and then add black. Grease your hands down with crisco, a nice thick layer, and then mix. Wash hands first in an alcohol based had sanitizer. It lifts the color, cuts, the crisco and then add soap. No stained hands.

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 2:06pm
post #7 of 7

My suggestion...... make chocolate MMF and add black. It's really easy and no where near as messy!! That's what I use for the black fondant on all the cakes I've done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%