Has Anyone Ever Had A Request For "baby Formula Cake&qu

Baking By 2muchsugar Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 2:31pm by 2muchsugar

2muchsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2muchsugar Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 5

I just had a request from a customer for a cake made with baby formula...WTH???? Does anyone have a recipe for something like this. I'm not sure I even want to go there. She has ordered a birthday cake for a child's first birthday and she just wants a smash cake made out of formula for the birthday boy.

Just thought I'd ask the most knowledgeable source... YOU GUYS!

Thanks!

4 replies
Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 5

Ummmm weird....

I suppose you could mix the formula with warm water (think sugarshack's icing with powdered coffee creamer) and then use it in place of your milk in a recipe.

I would tell the mother that is ordering the cake that she has to provide the formula for you (which is supposed to be mixed 1 scoop per 2 ounces of water). Or else charge her for the entire can of formula if you have to buy it. It can get really expensive, plus you dont know what brand she uses and heaven forbid you buy the 'wrong' kind.

An off related subject, I thought that at 1 year old you are supposed to be weaning them off of a bottle and formula..... icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 5

I have a Grandson who was allergic to EVERTHING as a baby!! As he got older we had to replace any recipe that had certain ingr. in it to accomodate to him - milk being one of them - so we replaced whatever the amt of milk with same amt of formula (all ready made formula like Jayde said - 1 scoop to 2oz) "We" didnt eat it *ack* but he loved his cakes this way" - maybe coz he didnt know better! But the cakes were moist and almost tasted the same .... HTH! Gaye

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 5

*ack* gross

And I have a had with food issues and I myself have food issues

can I say it again: ack!

2muchsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2muchsugar Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I can't decide whether this is worth experimenting with or not. I'll let you guys know if I try it and whether I'll add it to my cake flavor list.....NOT! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%