Adding Cocoa To Fondant?

Decorating By Shaa Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 3:12pm by isabow2

Shaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaa Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 5

Can you add cocoa to fondant instead of buying chocolate fondant? Or will that make it too dry. icon_rolleyes.gif

4 replies
isabow2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabow2 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 5

I have added cocoa powder to my fondant recipe & just lessened the amount of PS that I used. It came out great, tastes kinda like tootsie rolls!

Shaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaa Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 5

Cool Thank You Very Much

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 5

isabow2~ thank you for responding this post even though it's not my posting. I just wrote to someone on CC that posted a choc. fondant recipe and she hasn't written me back. Hers called for using choc. chips. but she didn't say when to add them.

Would the cocoa pwd. work better than melted chips? And if using chips, when would you add them?

isabow2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabow2 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

isabow2~ thank you for responding this post even though it's not my posting. I just wrote to someone on CC that posted a choc. fondant recipe and she hasn't written me back. Hers called for using choc. chips. but she didn't say when to add them.

Would the cocoa pwd. work better than melted chips? And if using chips, when would you add them?

I haven't tried using choc. chips, but I would assume you would add them to the marshmallows before putting in the PS.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%