Cellobag Instructions W/ Pics

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 10:26pm by patticake1951

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:00am
post #1 of 8

I've been asked in the past & recently about making cellophane bags. I had read about them years ago in Whimsical Bakehouse. I don't know if this is exactly how they do it, but it works for me. I am terrible at putting into words what I'm doing & to pause what I'm doing when I'm use to doing it fast is soooo awkward. I use these for both chocolate & RI. I just snip the end. I'm able to get a teeny tiny hole, which I love for intricate detail.

1) Cut a square, sometimes it's a rectangle. I do about a 5". Really large ones will collapse when you fill it. Might want to stay w/ reg bags you have a lot of chocolate/RI. (pic 1)

2) Pinch opposite corners between your 1st finger & thumb. (pic 2)

3) Take the top corner (I'm right handed) and "wrap" around & down--to meet the edge of the square & your other pinched corner. I go counter clockwise. (pic 3 & 4--diff angles)

4) Sometimes I have to move it around & up & down (the corner you wrapped around--the one in my left hand) to get a tight opening (pic 5)

5) I do some final adjustments before I tape the seam at the end where the opening is. (pic 6)

6) I usually snip off the excess at the top (not shown). Then I tape where they meet at the top w/a small piece, just so it's not flapping in the wind. (pic 7)

7) Put it in a small cup & fill, then snip the end to get your opening.

Hope this helps some one. It really cuts back on all those disposable bags, especially when I just need small amounts.

Beth
LL
LL

7 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:06am
post #2 of 8

This was SO thoughtful of you to post this! I am so visual that the pictures really, really come in handy! Thanks again for taking the time to do this! I will most certainly give it a try! icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you! I need pics to understand things too. icon_smile.gif

I just found disposable bags and I love them! I have to be really careful about what goes down the drain and I find with using disposable bags that I'm just rinsing out the little bit left in the tips. Love them....and now I can make my own.

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:58am
post #4 of 8

Great! I'm going to try this tomorrow! Thanks!

dandelion56602 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 8

One of my favorites is that they're soooooo cheap. When you have 100' & you use about 5" per bag that's cheap!

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 8

That is awesome. Can I ask a dumb question though? Where do you get the Cello? I'm assuming its not just regular cellophane.

Danielle

dandelion56602 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #7 of 8

There are places on the internet that have FDA approved cellophane. I bought some for food baskets. If you find some, you can see who makes it & call the company & see if they sell food grade cellophane.

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 10:26pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks that is so cool. I will have to give this a try too..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%