Bridal/quinceanera Expo Photos

Business By ccr03 Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 4:35pm by ccr03

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 13

So we had the bridal/quinceanera expo this past weekend. Gracias a Dios - it went well! I mad about 350 samples and they were all gone by the end of the day! We had about 75 people sign-in - which was good. Overall all it was a good turnout. The show as a whole wasn't a huge show, but great turnout. Generated some interested and was pleased with how it all went.

Here are pics of our booth. Thanks for all the great ideas! The 'table' where the laptop is on is actually a rolling cart w/shelves (thanks for the idea indydebi). The shelves made it GREAT to keep the minicupcake samples. The 'table' where the red ribbon cake is sitting on, is actually the box where I transported everything in.
LL
LL

12 replies
korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 13

HI ccro3!!!

I was wondering if you did this show. I saw the notice in the Dos mundos paper last week about it but diden't see you name in the listing of vendors.

I was thinking about doing that show next year. Do I have to speak spanish or is most of the crowd bilingual?

Glad to hear things went well for you.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 13

Korkyo,
I did the show too, and it was great! the show was down the street practically from my bakery, so most of the people where excited about the location being in their area...just something to think about. I need to do more shows and advertising locally.

korkyo Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 1:53am
post #4 of 13

Melody,
Cool deal, do they only do one a year?

And you still need to pick a date so we can meet for lunch! icon_razz.gif

Korkyo

ccr03 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:24am
post #5 of 13

Hello ladies! omg- we can all have lunch together! Yes, I just invited myself! icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I actually shared a booth with my sister's rental company. They pay a bigger portion of the register fee, so in exchange they get the advertising. It's our little deal.

But anyway, yeah, I'm actually bilingual, but the crowd was too - wouldn't you say so Melody?

I did the show last year too, but I thought this year was much better! MUCH BETTER venue, more people, and personally, we were much more organized as well. I think I got like 4-5 direct weddings/quinceaneras from teh event last year and then quite a bit of recommendations through them. I've actually done like 4 baby shower/birthday cakes for the wedding planner for one of the weddings since then. She's become a good customer.

So I guess we'll see how it goes this year!

korkyo Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 13

We would love to have you to lunch with us.
Check you PM's and we'll see what we can set up.
Korkyo

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 13

Mondays work best for me...shop is closed.
but not next Monday..I'll be out of town..spring break
maybe we should meet somewhere in the middle of Blue springs (thats where your at right?) NE Kansas City, and Kansas City...eat lunch then take a tour of each of our business spaces. that sounds so fun!

melody

korkyo Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:26pm
post #8 of 13

Hey,

I hope you get this in time. Melody and I are planning on this monday to get together. 11:30 near her place.
Call me this weekend 331-8625 or use my regular email
[email protected]
Sherrie

ccr03 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:35pm
post #9 of 13

icon_sad.gif Man, I won't be able to make it!

I'm still working full-time out here in Blue Springs, so it's out of the question for me right now.

Man!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:51pm
post #10 of 13

Your cakes look beautiful! Glad your cakes were a hit!!

ccr03 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:17pm
post #11 of 13

Aww, thanks!

korkyo Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:08pm
post #12 of 13

Don't worry there will be other get togethers. I'm seriously thinking about gettting a group going that meets every other month to talk specifically about business suff. .... Suppliers, storage, customer realtions etc. .....

Take cake
Sherrie

ccr03 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 4:35pm
post #13 of 13

Omg - that would be awesome! I learn so much already from the business forum here and it was great/better to talk with locals!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%