Greased Looking Liners On The Outside - Fixable???

Baking By ASupergirl Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 9:40pm by vcm_9

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:35am
post #1 of 8

I love the look of the cupcake liners/papers designs. But everytime I do cupcakes the design looks like dipped in oil and you can't see it at all. So my pretty white papers with green shamrocks look like oily green dot papers. I really want to order some different colored liners like blue or pink, but I am afraid if I spend the money on them that when I bake a cupcake in them it will just look horrible and I'll have wasted money. I sell special cupcakes and want a special signature color for each one. For now I hate that look so I am stuck doing them all in foil liners so I don't get that greasy look. So please cupcake-guru-makers------------

How do I get nice looking outside designs
while still getting my cupcakes I love dearly?!?!?

7 replies
roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:52am
post #2 of 8

I buy from The Confectionary House. They have really vibrant colors and they are greaseproof and even keep there color when you make chocolate cupcakes.
LL

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 2:56am
post #3 of 8

Very pretty and vibrant for sure!!! Those are nice!!! But is there any hope for the ones that I all ready bought??? I have lots of them and I have an order coming up this weekend. Any saving them and making the oily look disappear??? Or am I just outta luck? HELP!!!

vcm_9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vcm_9 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 3:08am
post #4 of 8

I had that problem, and thenm I figured out that if you use 2 liners per cupcake, the inside one is oily, but the outside on is so pretty!!!

If you want them to stick together, you can always stick some ribbon on the outside with a dab of glue (I used craft glue) and tie a pretty bow in the front....VOILA...no more oil stains!!

I hope his works for you. You can bake them like this, or add a second liner after, I just baked them in double liners, that way the creases matched up

Just make sure the liners are the same size

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 8

I have the same problem depending on the cupcake I make... I just set them on paper towels, they still look greasy though... icon_sad.gif Those vibrant ones are beautiful and the idea of double liners is smart!

vcm_9 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:49am
post #6 of 8

Double Liners: this works to hide the brown of chocolate cupcakes too...that way they all look pretty from the outside, even the pastel colours

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:19pm
post #7 of 8

I just took 2 dozen cupcakes out of the oven for a wedding this Saturday. (I was going to freeze them)

I tried one dozen with wilton white cupcake liners, (chocolate cupcakes) and one with the same liners doubled up.

Both dozen came out with greasy liners. The doubled up ones were patchy greasy and the single ones, greasy all over.

Now what??? I really can't afford the time to make them all over. I've got to make 5 dozen yellow ones tomorrow. The client didn't order fancy papers, since they are $1 each. I'm afraid she's going to be upset. I would have thought Wilton would be grease free, but now I'm freaking out.

Edited to add:

I even put some on the cupcakes after taking them out of the oven, and they ended up with patchy grease spots too!

vcm_9 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:40pm
post #8 of 8

It must be your recipe, sorry, this has always worked for me, i thought it would for you too. I use a mud cake recipe and it works well, maybe somone else has ideas?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%