Hey, Everybody!!

Decorating By gailsgoodies Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 8:56pm by gailsgoodies

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 3:58am
post #1 of 20

The "View Uncommented" link is back up and working! It only shows 12 pages, but in reality it's like 79 pages!!! I've just spent a couple of hours in there (and I'm sure other people have too), but we need some more.....HELP!!

By the way (and this is a pet peeve of mine), but if you save a cake as one of your favorites (especially when it's for an idea or inspiration), the LEAST you could do is leave a comment on it! Thanks for the little vent....

Come on, Gallery Supporters (and anyone else that cares to help!) let's kick these out! I can't BELIEVE how many beautiful cakes are in there that don't have comments!

Thanks!
Gail

19 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:11am
post #2 of 20

Oh man! There are going to be SOOO many uncommented photos since its been down for so long. But I can't wait to see the cakes!!!!!

uschi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uschi1 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:12am
post #3 of 20

I need someone to explain this to me, because I don't understand why the comments are so important.

First - how do we get to the "view uncommented" link to help, and
second - if we are just zipping through those photos to make quick comments, do they really mean anything?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.

uschi1 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:21am
post #4 of 20

Okay - found the link to the uncommented photos, but it says I'm not authorized to access.
So who has access?

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:21am
post #5 of 20

I've tried so many times to view uncommented, but I'm assuming you have to be a Gallery Supporter to see them.

mommacat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacat5 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:30am
post #6 of 20

I can't get in either....

gailsgoodies Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:36am
post #7 of 20

It's very easy to look at a cake a find something you like about it. We have sooo many beautiful cake decorators on here! Also, alot of people (especially people like me! icon_redface.gif) LOVE to see comments on their cakes! It just takes time and some people don't do it.

As a gallery supporter you say you will help look at all the cakes uploaded and make a comment on them. We are the "pat you on the back" brigade, and offer encouraging words. There is a "sub-group" started within this forum that will give critiques when asked to do so, or on the "its ok to critique my cakes"

To become a member, you must have at least 100 posts. When you have 100 posts, look under ANY Gallery Supporters name (See under our names it says "gallery supporter member"? Click on that and it will bring you right to where you sign up.

Welcome Aboard! thumbs_up.gif
Gail

uschi1 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:40am
post #8 of 20

Thanks Gail. That clears it up.

gailsgoodies Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:46am
post #9 of 20

Don't worry uschi1 and mommacat5 you'll have 100 posts before you know it! In the meantime, you can go to the "Last Uploads" in the Galleries and start clicking on pictures you like. You're bound to find SOME that don't have comments!

Thanks,
Gail
thumbs_up.gif

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:48am
post #10 of 20

Thanks gail ,Im almost there just a few more posts and i would love to help out. I always try to comment on cakes because i know how much it means to me when someone comments on my cakes.

shelly

gailsgoodies Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:54am
post #11 of 20

WOW, Shelly101, I just looked at your cakes and holy cow...you do GREAT work!!

shelly-101 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 5:23am
post #12 of 20

Thanks gail.......I'm getting better still along way to go. Everything i know i have learnd from this site ,so glad i found it. so helping out is the least i can do.

shelly

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 5:29am
post #13 of 20

Awww. How kind are you lot? It's nice that you deliberately go out of your way to make people feel special about what they've uploaded. I might have been one of the recipients of those lovely sentiments! I do try to comment on cakes where I see no comments when I'm browsing too.

gailsgoodies Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 5:41am
post #14 of 20

Thanks, Melnick. I really like the black, white and pink cake in your photos, I think you did a wonderful job on it!

Gail

shelly-101 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 6:00am
post #15 of 20

gail , i looked at your pics and your butterfly is in my favs, i thought it was really cute.

gailsgoodies Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 2:01am
post #16 of 20

Thank you very much! icon_smile.gif

gailsgoodies Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 11:38pm
post #17 of 20

Come on Gallery Supporters! We can do it!

Gail

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:17am
post #18 of 20

I spent over an hour and I think it's still 12 pages.
Oh well, it's important so back I go to commenting.

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:28am
post #19 of 20

Thanks for the kind words Gail. It wasn't quite what I'd envisioned, but it came pretty close!

You inspired me to write comments on the uncommented cakes so I've been trying to do what I can!

gailsgoodies Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:56pm
post #20 of 20

You're very welcome!

I was having a problem getting into cakecentral yesterday...kept getting a 404 error. But I'm back today to do some more commenting!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%