Fondant Bows

Decorating By waddayaknowjoe Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 5:04am by sugarshack

waddayaknowjoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waddayaknowjoe Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 6

How far ahead can one make fondant bows and flowers before assembling the cake, can they be refridgerated?

5 replies
Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry I've never done flowers or bows, but I've done fondant decorations and I've made them a week in advance. And I've learned here that you should never refrigerate fondant.
Good luck!

Mel1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel1965 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 6

I made bows on a Monday evening, and assembled the bow on Saturday about an hour before the customer picked up the cake. I did not need to refrigerate the bow. I added tylose for stability for the bow as well (I ordered mine from Country Kitchen Sweet Art). I followed Sugarshack's DVD Boxes and Bows for instructions.....worked great, and Sharon is awesome!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 6

You can make them even weeks ahead!..And after they are fully dry you can store them for years! as long as they are in a dry well covered box.

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

sarahsarah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahsarah Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 6

Fondant will sweat if refrigerated (once you remove the cake and leave it out for a while). I never refrigerate my cakes with fondant decorations. As far as making ahead of time... I'm sure you can make them several days ahead of time, there is really nothing in the fondant to spoil or go bad. I normally make mine 1/2 to 1 day ahead to make sure they will hold their shape well.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 5:04am
post #6 of 6

you can make them as far ahead as you like, but I would not refrigerate them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%