Any Ideas For The Side Designs On My Cat-In-The-Hat Cake?

Decorating By chanielisalevy Updated 10 Mar 2009 , 9:48pm by LittleLinda

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 11:48am
post #1 of 2

So far, the cake is planned like this ...
2 tiered topsy turvy (that's in the fridge now!) top tier is a RKT Dr.Seuss red and white hat. The front and around the sides of the bottom tier will have an edible image of the cat-in-the hat, thing one and thing 2, and a fish bowl (with the shocked fish!) I'm thinking of the borders of both tiers to be varying size fondant balls in the 3 main colors of the book. For the bottom tier to pick up on the cat's bow tie, I thought to cover the available space of the tier (if it's not too, too busy) with red flat bow ties and blue polka dots, or something. Top tier???
Maybe swirls or something in blue or red, bursting out of the sides I'm thinking of gumpaste hands (you know, that machine the cat has to clean up the house in a jiffy with all those hands??

Help, I need to pull this all together into a VERY MISCHEVIOUS cake...any ideas in the planning and I'll be your best friend!

Thanks in advance - by the way, I've viewed all the Seuss cakes on here and culled a few ideas from each and am just trying to synthesize so any fresh ideqas would be appeciated.

1 reply
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 2

How about that dredded pink ink spot? (Cat in the Hat Comes Back)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%