Anyone Care To Share Healthy Dinner Recipes?

Lounge By sunkiss456 Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 5:19pm by jlynnw

sunkiss456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunkiss456 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:03am
post #1 of 4

I am trying to make healthier foods for my family and I was just wondering if anyone has any delicious recipes they would care to share? I have a 2 year old so I would love to learn anything she would be interested in as well.

3 replies
jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 4

One of my kids favs is simple and shh, healthy

It goes by what you want and have on hand

chicken, cubed (prefer white meat)
carrots thinly sliced
onions thinly sliced
broccoli in small pieces
bell peppers, thinly sliced
whatever veggies in fridge.

I make a pot of pasta or spaghetti squash. In a skillet, with olive oil, garlic toss and cook chicken until almost done. add veggies until crisp tender. Toss pasta with a alfredo sauce. serve the chicken and veggies on top. It does not take alot of veggies. It is really filling and the colors are great. We prefer the spaghetti squash but a pasta works too.

sunkiss456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunkiss456 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 4

mmm that sounds good all but the onions lol I am not an onion fan but I will have to try this. Thanks for replying icon_smile.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 4

only add what you like. Sometimes I do each veggie separate and then put on the spaghetti. Really brings out the color. DH like to leave he breast whole and I cut up it up for the kids. I love it. You can't go wrong just add what you like and what you have. I like to use fresh veggies, but used frozen broccoli before.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%