Name Plaque

Decorating By iluvnodoubt01 Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 2:43pm by tx_cupcake

iluvnodoubt01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvnodoubt01 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 9

I would like to do a name plaque covered in edible glitter for sparkle to place on top of a 2-tier cake. Anyone know how about to make one? What should I use fondant or royal icing? Thank you in advance.

8 replies
Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:20am
post #2 of 9

you could make it out of chocolate using a mold or hand cut shape. You could also use white chocolate wafers and melt them and mix in corn syurp which gives you something like fondant but not hard when dryed. It's called candy clay. This works really well. You can form it or roll it.
Hope this helps.
Sue

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:08am
post #3 of 9

I've made a couple out of gum paste. I started to try using little frames and what not to use as templates and imprint the design on the edge, if you know what I mean!? HTH

ClassyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyMommy Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:23am
post #4 of 9

Maybe Wilton's gumpaste? I wouldn't use fondant unless you have a week to let it set up. I learned the hard way by making a 1 for the top of my daughter's b-day cake out of fondant and after 2 days of drying I still couldn't get it to stand up for the top of the cake. I ended up propping it with a fork behind it, but if I could do it over again I would use the gumpaste, because it hardens pretty quickly.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:35am
post #5 of 9

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1324235

I just made this with straight gumpaste. Made thinner, any shape would not be too heavy to stand up on top of a tier.

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:34am
post #6 of 9

Jamie...what an awesome idea! My daughter has one of those light tracing things, I think mommy is going to adopt it! Heehee

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 9

Jamie, what font did you use for that plaque?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #8 of 9

I'm pretty sure it was a script font downloaded from www.dafont.com and if CC blocks what I just wrote, here it is with spaces inserted (take them out of course when you got type in the address) www.d a f o n t .com

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:43pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%