Basket Of Leaves

Decorating By Tinarie Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm by frosting111

Tinarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinarie Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 3

Hi. Someone has got to make a video of how to do the basket with leaves and apples. I have looked at many but a video would help so much. We need more videos on cc. I learn so much from videos. I am trying to learn the best cake recipe and how to paint on fondant.

2 replies
maddiseeyore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddiseeyore Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 3

I agree, more video tutorials would be so great! They are such an awesome teaching tool.

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 3

I don't have a video to offer, but I can tell you how I made mine...I made all my leaves ahead of time, cutting out with various shaped leaf cutters and colors,and laid them to dry on plastic wrap in all sorts of weird positions to give a more realistic 3-D leaf look. when they dried I shaded them with chalk dusts...I used three 8 inch cakes stacked,iced and filled in cream cheese, I used a cake board between the top tier and the bottom two. I colored and rolled my fondant out, and cut each plank individually, I drug a toothpick along each plank to mimic a wood grain look and applied one at a time to the side of the cake, then I made a band to go around the cake on the top and bottom and used the small end of a #4 tip to make the tiny nail holes. I used a wire for the handle, used another piece of fondant for the center piece of the handle, and stuck it into two small round pieces of fondant on each side of the basket, placed the leaves on with icing to hold them in place and that's all there was too it.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%