Dutch Apple Pie = [Blank] Cake Flavor

Decorating By absijails Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 11:37pm by lauramw71

absijails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absijails Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:38am
post #1 of 7

My brother's favorite dessert is Dutch Apple Pie. I'd like to make him a cake for his graduation from university...how does that pie translate into cake? Or something decorate-able?
Thanks.

6 replies
absijails Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 7

bump

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 7

I'm no expert but I have a few Ideas. You can add cinnamon to your cake batter then use the apple as the filling. You can also flavor your buttercream with a dash of cinnamon. Or you can make the graham cracker wasc that is listed in te gourmet flavors thread and then use the apple as a filling then use cinnamon in the buttercream. That's just what I came up with. someone else may be able to help you better.

Karema

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 7

Did this help any? What did you end up doing?

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 7

The way I would do this is to make a cake and then add a struesel topping to the top of each cake before baking. Then make a apple filling, cook up some apples, add flour, cinnamon, butter, cool, and put that between the layers, a cream cheese frosting would be good, or a whipped (bettercream) frosting would be nice.

absijails Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for all of the ideas. They helped solidify what was bouncing around in my head!
I'm not making it until May and am going to hold off making the test until after Easter, as I gave up sweets for Lent.
Thanks so much again!

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 7

oohh what a grand idea for a cake!! I'd love to hear what you decided and how it turned out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%