? Is Heavy Whipping Cream & Heavy Cream

Español By miasuzzette Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 5:14am by JanH

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 8

I'm Confuse is Heavy Cream & Heavy Whipping Cream the same. icon_cry.gif I have a Recipe calling for Heavy Whipping Cream. Please, Help. Thanks for you Help & Respond. thumbs_up.gif

Margie From Ct icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 8

Same thing. Don't worry! icon_smile.gif

aracely30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aracely30 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:44am
post #3 of 8

I think it's the same just that one is whipped and the other is not icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

bizcocho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizcocho Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 8

It's the same thing.

LOYILAW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LOYILAW Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 8

Heavy cream, which is also called heavy whipping cream in many parts of the country, has a fat content of between 36% and 40% (occasionally 42%). Light cream has between 18% and 30% butterfat (but generally averages 20%), and light whipping cream has between 30% and 36% fat. If you find a carton in the store labeled whipping cream, it is bound to be light whipping cream.

Many, many supermarkets carry heavy cream, but perhaps you should ask the manager at yours if it is available. We doubt that substituting light whipping cream for heavy cream will seriously compromise whatever youre cooking, if you must make the substitution.

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:32am
post #6 of 8

I'm making a Tres Leche Cake & It calls for 1 cup heavy whipping cream , So, What I found was Heavy Cream. This is my 1st time making it & It's For a Birthday. icon_sad.gif So, Can I use the Heavy Cream, Yes O Yes. ( Laughing) Thank you, all for your Responds. It appreciated,

Margie From CT thumbs_up.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:44am
post #7 of 8

Whipping cream and heavy cream cam be used interchangably... no worries.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:14am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOYILAW

Heavy cream, which is also called heavy whipping cream in many parts of the country, has a fat content of between 36% and 40% (occasionally 42%). Light cream has between 18% and 30% butterfat (but generally averages 20%), and light whipping cream has between 30% and 36% fat. If you find a carton in the store labeled whipping cream, it is bound to be light whipping cream.

Many, many supermarkets carry heavy cream, but perhaps you should ask the manager at yours if it is available. We doubt that substituting light whipping cream for heavy cream will seriously compromise whatever youre cooking, if you must make the substitution.

Here's a link to that copyright info from www.ochef.com:

http://www.ochef.com/287.htm

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%