Baby Shower Ideas

Decorating By chas21 Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm by chas21

chas21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas21 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to do baby shower cupcakes or mini cakes. I was thinking to do mini cakes. It is going to be with biker people so i was wondering how i would combine the mini cake with a biker theme? icon_eek.gif

6 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 7

Mini baby cupcakes with a biker theme? That just seems wrong!! I know you can't help what you get asked to do...but seriously, I feel for ya.

What about a little tricycle on top of each cupcake? That way it's babyish but at the same time has a form of a bike on it.

That's all I've got but hopefully someone else can help you.

Kristen6992 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristen6992 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 7

Maybe baby blocks using biker colors or a biker design on one of the sides of each block.

crazy4cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4cupcakes Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 1:57am
post #4 of 7

Wow I thought I was the only one with such a tough request! The parents-to-be are avid cyclists. I am making a small 6 inch cake with a fondant baby and bike on top. I'm also making cupcakes. On the cupcakes I am going to have traditional baby shower items (i.e. little babies, booties, bibs, onesies) plus a 2D bikes on a few of the cupcakes. I am going to tie everything in with the colours (i.e. blue and brown). The bike for the cake (which is 3D) is killing me right now because it is so delicate that the pieces keep breaking or falling off. I had planned on making small 3D bikes on the cupcakes but I found it really tough just making the one bike!

Not sure if this makes sense but I am making this for Sunday so hopefully I can post pics soon.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:13am
post #5 of 7

My FIL is a biker and he kept joking while I was pregnant that he was going to get a sidecar for his chopper!

Maybe you could do baby onesies with the bike of choice's logo (Harley, Texas Chopper, etc.).

Or maybe some baby biker booties - find a pair of biker boots online and make them really small like baby booties....

I think that's all I got right now!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:26am
post #6 of 7

I'm assuming by biker you mean motorcycle? You'll find if you do mini cakes (3 or 4") they take A LOT of time & you should charge more than you think---like a few more $'s than your per serving for regular cakes. Do cupcakes!!!!

As for a theme: Maybe little fondant boots, jackets, wheels, helmets, etc as toppers. Maybe in baby colors or the colors of the room?

chas21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas21 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #7 of 7

I do know the baby's room is going to be with an African Jungle theme. I just thought it would be cool to do something with a biker theme. I guess they are going for the very untraditional look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%