Anyone Heard Of Easyice Fondant?

Decorating By mrswendel Updated 13 Oct 2010 , 4:01am by Suzisweet

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 16

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of EasyIce fondant? I usually use Satin Ice, but there is a supplier here in Ontario that carries a brand called EasyIce and it is alot cheaper than Satin Ice.

Anyone heard of it or, better yet, used it?

Thanks in advance!

15 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 16

I've never heard of it. If you decide to try it, let me know how it turns out for you. I'd love to know!

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 16

I LOVE Easy Ice.. It's the only fondant I use.. Super affordable and great to work with. LOVE IT!!! I hate eating fondant so I'm not sure of the taste but my 5 year old would eat the entire tub if I let her.. icon_smile.gif

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 16

Ok now I'm curious.... Where do you find this stuff? I usually make my own but I have a BIG order comming up and was thinking of buying Satin Ice but the price!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 16

Yes...I'd also love to know where to buy the Easy Ice Fondant! icon_smile.gif

muddpuppy Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 16

At McCalls in Toronto... www.mcCalls.ca ....

muddpuppy Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 16

It comes pre coloured in 1 kg packages too.. I wish they'd do bigger pre coloured tubs.. icon_sad.gif

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:36pm
post #8 of 16

Thanks muddpuppy. It is alot cheaper than Satin Ice (which I love working with). I'll have to give it a try and see how it goes.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 16

I tasted McCalls fondant at ICES last year and was so yummy. I don't know if it was easy ice but it was made by MCCalls in Canada. Do they ship to the US?

katev17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katev17 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:15pm
post #10 of 16

Hi Guys,

Anyone used this since this thread was created?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Kate

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 4:59pm
post #11 of 16

Not me. I forgot that it existed!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 12:16am
post #12 of 16

I onced asked this insanely talented cake decorator: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25863947@N05/

what brand of fondant she uses...and she said Easy Ice from McCall's

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 12:43am
post #13 of 16

I checked their website, and they have 10kg of white for $42! I don't know what that's like you guys, but here in Edmonton AB the cheapest I've found is $35 for 5kg of Glacier white. If only McCalls shipping calculator was working properly icon_confused.gif

katev17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katev17 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 12:57am
post #14 of 16

I think I'll give it a try next time I'm in Toronto! I am currently waiting to hear back from them to see whether or not it is vegan-friendly. It says dairy-free, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that no other byproducts are in there either!

You are right though, the price is amazing. Pretty curious to see how it is to work with!

Thanks guys
icon_smile.gif

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 1:08am
post #15 of 16

I have worked with it. I like the Satin Ice way better, but in a pinch it works. The problems i found with it was that sometimes it was dryed out on the edges. I have only had it in 2 lb. packages though. I will never ever try to use it on a large tier again though. It is really hard to work with on large cakes. I was totally wore out from the kneeding and re rolling because it kept tearing when I tried to move a large piece. I switched to Satin Ice and have never had the problems that I had with Easy Ice.

Suzisweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzisweet Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 4:01am
post #16 of 16

Hi All!
I am soon to be taking 3 classes with Andrea from Sweet cakes and I intend on trying the easy ice fondant because that is what she recomends. I am in the US and I use SI colors and Fondarific white on a regular basis. Both I like...both exspensive!
I will also bring home lots of fun cake stuff from Canada as things seem to be cheaper for some reason...can not wait to go to Goldas kitchen!
I will let everyone know what I think of the fondant.
Suzi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%