Mmf

Decorating By paula1234 Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 4:58pm by paula1234

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:13am
post #1 of 4

well I finally got the nerve (and not to mention the time) to try mmf. I found out that it is not that hard to do. I wrapped it in plastic very tightly and put it in the refridge for overnight. when I heated it the microwave for 10 seconds and kneaded it. It was rubbery (ms). Is it suppose to be that way? I made this cake for the cub scout's blue and gold banquet. the cake turned out wonderful. It was a strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream and strawberry mmf Hand painted fondant with a chocolate rocket and astronaut in the air. Our theme was out of this world. our den name is the Happy Hoppers, so I made a chocolate frog on a log. I am trying to upload some pictures. any advice advice would be helpful on my mmf. thanks!!!!!!!!!

3 replies
katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:53am
post #2 of 4

Ive found my mmf to be rubbery if Ive added too much sugar. Adding some spray oil (sorry, dont know what its called in the states but its oil in a spray can) always fixes the problem.
HTH icon_smile.gif

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 4

Knead in some crisco when your first working with it. Helps alott.

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 4

thanks for the advice. I really did like how easy it was to make and the kids just loved. I am going to give it another try. once again thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%