The Clash/ Punk

Decorating By sweetqt5703 Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 10:06am by Caths_Cakes

sweetqt5703 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetqt5703 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:23am
post #1 of 8

Can someone help me, I'm at a total loss for ideas for this cake my mom and I are planning to do! Her fiance is obsessed with punk rock, anarchy, government music, The Clash, Sex Pistols type of things.

He's turning 44 and we want to have me create an awesome cake for his birthday. Any ideas or suggestions? Maybe other sites you can suggest for me to brain storm ideas!

Thanks everyone, I'm new to the forums so please feel free to send private messages too!

7 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:39am
post #2 of 8

oooooooooo this sounds like such a fun cake to do !!!! perhaps using the bands names piped or something , and a big anchory A! i suggest you use google! i was thinking two tiers, with the pictures going round the sides of all the different things he loves, you could pipe them with RI and let it dry first, or use gumpaste etc, you could make a pair of Doc martens from gumpaste and put them on the cake! i have a 'punkish' cake in my photos, but it was for a woman , it was black and purple with the HIM symbol on top and lots of black roses.
you could do a similiar thing, perhaps using black and red? or black and blue? i cant wait to see a pic when its finished!!!

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:59am
post #3 of 8

You're gonna need some gumpaste safety pins for the cheeks...err, the sides of the cake!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 8

First, in an effort for clarity so I can help better... Is it mostly ''The Clash'' or is it all-consuming punk?

If it's just The Clash, you could take different elements from the artwork on the different albums and incorporate them into one cake. Do little anarchy a's around the edge of the board, evenly spaced. Or maybe some red or purple music notes.

Maybe a cake shaped like a ''smashed'' guitar, with a microphone or something as another component? You could make little miniature Converse high tops out of gumpaste or something. I dunno. I could give better ideas if I knew specifically what you were after.

sweetqt5703 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetqt5703 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:27am
post #5 of 8

Thanks for all the help thus far guys! Yes to clarify I could certainly do it mainly the clash theme but could actually do anything punk related, I want it to be something obvious too because otherwise he may not understand just what we tried to portray.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:01am
post #6 of 8

If you want to go the 3_D way you could do a pair of Doc Martins

Caths_Cakes Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:05am
post #7 of 8

i think thats succcch a fab idea, although my docs were knee high. . could be more of a challange than ankle boots hehe!! im sure it will look fab what ever you choose!!

Caths_Cakes Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:06am
post #8 of 8

i think thats succcch a fab idea, although my docs were knee high. . could be more of a challange than ankle boots hehe!! im sure it will look fab what ever you choose!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%