My Son Got To Meet Tiger Woods!!!

Lounge By ladyellam Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 4:00pm by ladyellam

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 6

My husband and my son went to the golf tournament in Arizona where Tiger Woods is playing. After he made his shot, he came over to the fans and started shaking a couple of people's hands. My son( who's 4) yelled to him "Go, Tiger!". He laughed and gave my son a big hand shake and tousled his hair.

My son who is autistic has only been talking for the past year. He has shown an interest in golf for the past couple of months. He knows the lingo: par, birdie, bogey and such. I showed him a picture of Tiger Woods on the tv and told him, Tiger was the best player in the world. Andrew then said "does he go back to zoo after golf?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I love his quirky sense of humor.

5 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 6

wow my husband would be soooo jealous......he loves golf and tiger woods. Its great to hear your son is making progress.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:11am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyellam

Andrew then said "does he go back to zoo after golf?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That's great! Gotta love the things that come out of the mouth of babes! icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:07am
post #4 of 6

What a great day for any kid or adult. What a lucky boy.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:47am
post #5 of 6

How wonderful for your little one...were they able to get a picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyellam

I showed him a picture of Tiger Woods on the tv and told him, Tiger was the best player in the world. Andrew then said "does he go back to zoo after golf?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That's hilarious! I love the things kids say...when my nephew was around 5 (he's 12 now), his mom (my sis) had been talking about going to Miami for a short vacation. She talked about it for a few days, wasn't sure she should, she didn't feel right leaving him, etc. Anyway...one evening he says..."Mom, are you still going to YOUR-ami?, LOL...He had obviously been hearing "MY"-ami instead of Miami.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:00pm
post #6 of 6

No, unfortunately they weren't able to have pictures taken. You couldn't bring your cellphone, camera or even your purse into the tournament. I would have loved to have a picture so I could have put it up in his room!

Even though Tiger lost his round and had to leave the tournament, I will always be grateful to him for showing my son kindness.

Thanks to everyone who viewed this thread. We are going to Disneyland for a couple of days and then heading down to San Diego. My husband and son are invited to see a ship being decommissioned. They get the chance to roam around throughout the whole ship. I think Andrew is going to love it!

Everyone at Cake Central, have a wonderful day!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%