Where Can I Find A Scribbler Tool?

Decorating By jillmakescakes Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 4:56pm by jillmakescakes

jillmakescakes Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, so I've been looking for this tool forever! I finally found the name of it in Peggy Porschen's book Beautiful Cakes. Its called a scribbler and it is used to mark straight lines on the sides of the cake (horizontal, going all around the cake. It looks like this:

Any ideas where I can get it!???? I've tried emailing Peggy Porschen, but no luck.

5 replies
1of5wives Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 6

You can find it at beryls (dot) com It is a cake/side scribing/marking guage. $28.50

Michelle104 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 6

that's interesting. do u have a pic of a cake using this technique??

jillmakescakes Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 6


There are several reasons to use this, if wrapping a ribbon horizontally, it can help line it up, any time you want something uniform, it works beautifully.

I can't wait to get it and try it out!

chutzpah Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 6

Actually, it is spelled scriber.

jillmakescakes Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 6

Chutzpah- I just went with what Peggy had called it in her book. Thanks for the correction.

Quote by @%username% on %date%