toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone done this? How do they hold up

5 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't done this, but I would hazard to guess they'd hold up pretty good. Except once warm weather sets in!

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 6

I packed them in a candy box, with not much room to wiggle around, and wrapped with bubble wrap well. Put them in a larger box and pushed some extra bubble wrap in there and there worked fine. My nieces got them and mentioned how cool the chocolate transfers were, so they much not have shifted much. I sent them USPS. I've boycotted UPS since they have tossed (as in kind of thrown) my last two packages onto my porch - both from Global Sugar Art.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 6

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you put the transfers on them? Do you lay a circle in the mold before putting chocolate in it? If you dip them and lay them on a transfer sheet or lay a piece on top, how do you avoid the 'foot'

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 6

I don't mind at all! I tried cutting them into a circle but they melted and smudged as I cut and I have COLD hands! So I just cut squares and gently put them on top, didn't push down much at all, they really just need to "meet" the chocolate. I didn't have a problem getting "feet" at all and I just think they look so cool. You can also do it without the mold and just lay the dipped oreo on top of the transfer, but I mostly use the mold.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 6

Oh! So if i understand correctly, you mold the cookie and put a square of transfer on top.
If i need to put them in the special box made for these, i can't use the molds cuz they don't seem to fit into the compartments. I need to actually hand dip the cookies.
If i put a transfer sheet on top or on the bottom of the cookies, they develop a kind of overlay over the edge of the cookie. It still looks nice but it annoys me.
Anyway, thanks for your advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%