Rolled Buttercream

Decorating By aundrea Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 7:48am by CakeMommy3

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 1:59am
post #1 of 7

Inoticed a receipe listed below. And I'm wondering who has used rolled BC do you like it? How is the taste and how does it differ from fondant? I have been interested in trying but would love some input. Thanks!

6 replies
SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:08am
post #2 of 7

me too!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:10am
post #3 of 7

IMO, rolled bc is the nastiest most horrid product in the world. It tastes like greasy fondant. blarg

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:10am
post #4 of 7

me too

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:46am
post #5 of 7

Wow that is a comment. From the ingredients I can see why you would say that. I guess I will try and see how it goes. I'm looking for additional information.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:46am
post #6 of 7

I've made it before and did make a small cake with it. It was good but I prefer to use fondant. I have to admit, being the sugar fiend that i am, I loved it! It's like eating really stiff icing! Mmmmm!

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:48am
post #7 of 7

It does taste good, however...it is a big greasy mess! It stays looking really shiny unless you brush the finished product with powdered sugar. There is no stretch to it at all, and it is very temperature sensitive! I did a cake with it, and all the icing started melting off the cake. I may have been doing something wrong (wouldn't be the first time icon_smile.gif) But I think MMF or MFF is WAY better, and tastes good too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%