Brushed Embroidery

Decorating By Melanie182 Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 10:44am by Melanie182

Melanie182 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:37am
post #1 of 8

Hello all, i'm new here & I have a question already,

I was wondering where i can find information on how to do Brush Embroidery?
I have seen a cake that i wanted to make for someone & its on the cake & wanted to try it but can not find any info anywhere.

If anyone can help me i would be very greatful as this cake will be for a very special person & i want it to be the best i've ever done

7 replies
craftyone65 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:04pm
post #2 of 8

I couldn't find a video but here is a site with pretty good instructions: http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/lessons/brushembr.htm
I haven't tried it yet...its on my "want to try list". Good luck

Melanie182 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 8

cheers hun, thanks for your help, i wanted to give it ago as it looks so effective

only problem is cos the web add has blocked in it i cant access it icon_cry.gif
Please advise how i get around it if i have to join another website or newsletter just to get this info i will lol

craftyone65 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 8

I just did a google search for brushed embroidery and that one came up. Don't know why it was blocked though.

Melanie182 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:10am
post #5 of 8

Oh ok, i'll try Goggle & see what happens, i was trying on msn & only pics were coming up but no info on how to do it.... hoping that will work

Thank you for all your help thumbs_up.gif fingers crossed it works out lol

Melanie182 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:25am
post #6 of 8

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/lessons/brushembr.htm

I just found this link, it's really well explained & it looks straight forward enough.
Thanks again for your help, its very much appreciated will let you know how i get on

mclaren Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:36am
post #7 of 8

is brush embroidery done with buttercream?

if yes, then there's a video on youtube by SeriousCakes, try searching for her vids, she has one on that technique.

if indeed we are on the same wavelength here.

Melanie182 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:44am
post #8 of 8

It was on the sugarcraft web site.... i noticed that the link i sent you was blocked too after it was posted

They used Royal icing to make the outer lining & then using a damp brush gently brushed it inwards, It also mentioned that if doing Stems then to leave them bold & to brush any leaves

I got a couple of weeks to try & perfect it till my mum in laws birthday so when the kids are not around i'll be giving it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%