Castle Cake Assembly

Decorating By sweet1122 Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 3:54pm by aundrea

sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 5:27am
post #1 of 3

I am reading and trying to follow the instructions for a candy castle cake (2 tier). I have the Castle Cake Set and the instructions state that some of the towers (7) should be actually insterted INTO the cake with dowel rods attached to the bottom of the towers that are cut 1inch shorter than the height of the cake. Meaning... the towers are 1 inch into the cake (?). The towers are solid. Not hollow. What am I missing? I'm trying to avoid freaking out and am thus thinking and planning one step at a time logically and rationally. Thanks for your help!!!

And here's another thought on the dowels attached to the bottom of the towers and inserted into the cake. The bottom base cake is a 10 inch round and will have 6 dowels to support the top tier. Add 4 dowels for the towers and there are 10 dowels in this cake. Is that not ridiculous? How do you cut that?

2 replies
sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 3

Just bumping in the hopes that someone can help me out.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 3

ive done a couple of caste cakes and i put the towers next to the cake attached with RI. for the towers on top the cake i also used RI. i also have the castle kit and they are solid. so not really sure how you would put dowels in there.
sorry im not much help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%