Best Place To Purchase Cutters, Veiners, Supplies...

Decorating By DancingCakes2008 Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 2:10am by Liniti

DancingCakes2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DancingCakes2008 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all,

For those of you experienced with order supplies online, who do you trust? Who has the biggest variety?

I am not sure as to who to use.

Thank you to all,
Angela

6 replies
Liniti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liniti Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 7

I guess I've turned into a Wilton junkie so I'll have to say I love their products and the easy online ordering if I can't make it to a Michael's or other craft store. Wally World carries a few things.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 7

Global Sugar Art has a lot of variety and their customer service is outstanding. If they don't have something you need there is a forum on here for them. Just tell them what you are looking for Alan will get back to you. You can also email or call them directly. Sorry but Wilton is the last place I would look for supplies. I've had so many inferior products them.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 7

Agreed, try GSA for the superior stuff. I'm not a fan of Wilton junk at all. If I'm going to spend the $$$ then I want quality investment tools.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 7

Global Sugar art rocks - great service

kate6207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kate6207 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 7

So far the best I have found has been Global Sugar Art. Every time I have ordered I have received my supplies super fast. Also, I am very impressed with the variety of products they have.

Liniti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liniti Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:10am
post #7 of 7

Thanks to all you experienced bakers for the new (to me) website info. I went and checked out what all they had and yes, it is a very nice place to order products and supplies online. Oh.....btw, Wilton products must not be such a bad thing afterall since they do have a section listed for them on their website. I would think any business as recommended as this one is, would refuse to carry any product that is not measuring up to their standards of performance. The following is copied and pasted directly from their website:

"WILTON PRODUCTS

Decorations & Miscellaneous
Pans
Books, DVD's and Media -
Paste Icing Colors, Color Mists & Pens -
Tips & Pastry Bags
Fondant, Icings & Flavorings
Baking Cups, Doilies, Ruffle & Packaging
Tools & Equipment
Themed Cake Supplies
Plates, Pillars & Separators
Cake & Cupcake Stands