Cookie Bouquets

Decorating By Denae Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 7:13pm by KHalstead

Denae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denae Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 12:46am
post #1 of 2

hey all,

how do you guys price your decorated cookie favors? By the bunch or by each? how much? and how do you price cookie bouquets? how many in each? what do you put the bouquets in...like how do you assemble them? any thoguhts would be greatly appreciated...

1 reply
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 2

I price my decorated cookies by the inch........let's say I'm doing a 3" round cookie
I charge .50/inch so that cookie would be $1.50 decorated with up to 3 colors of icing

If the cookie is an odd shape I find the average size of it....let's say it's a baby bottle measuring 5 inches top to bottom and 2 inches side to side, I would add the two measurements and divide by two giving you 5+2=7 divided by 2= 3.5" which is $1.75/per cookie. I have a min. of 12 cookies per design (you'd be surprised how many people want 15 cookies, all different designs and colors...no way!) and I charge .25/cookie to put it in a cello bag w/ a paper tag or ribbon, and $1.00 / color for extra colors of icing in the design above the 3 colors normally included.

As for cookie bouquets, they're a little trickier.....
I charge $15.00 for a 3 cookie bouquet (average of about a 4" cookie), if smaller cookies are needed to create the right "look" I will sub 2 small cookies for one reg. size cookie

$25 for 5 cookies
$40 for 10 cookies
$50 for 15 cookies

The cookie bouquet comes with a matching container( I will either paint a flower pot or use various containers I find at dollar stores, etc. that match the arrangement)
I charge an extra $5.00/ arrangement for shrink wrapping the bouquet.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%