Cake Decorating Magazines From The Uk

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 3:17pm by tootie0809

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 4

I got an email from Amazon.com this morning about British magazines that are on sale. Of course, none of the cake decorating ones are on sale, but they have four and I am thinking about subscribing to one ... or two. icon_smile.gif I have gotten the first two at bookstores and they are somewhat "pricey" but I know that they are good, #3 (CC&D) actually comes out monthly and #4 is the least expensive of the group. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cakes and Sugar ... craft (being blocked by CC) - 4 issues/yr - $53.14
Wedding Cakes - 3 issues/yr - $53.14
Cake Craft & Decoration - 12 issues/yr - $102
Let Them Eat Cake - 4 issues/yr - $50.01

Thanks!
Martha

3 replies
Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 4

I buy the cake craft and decoration regularly. They have some awsome step by step articles. The wedding cake one is really just a collection of photos. Nice to have when a bride is not sure of the design she likes. But no step by steps or anything like that.
The Cakes and sugarcraft used to be available in South Africa, but not anymore. The older ones that I bought has some great flower instructions and also modelling ideas
HTH

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks, riana. This helps a lot. I am a hobby decorator, so I really don't need something for the brides to look at. If I do their cakes, I'm afraid they are stuck with what I can produce. icon_smile.gif I appreciate the help!

Martha

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 4

I've bought a couple of the Wedding Cakes Magazine from the UK from Barnes and Noble's magazine stand. They're expensive. Each issue is like $13 or $14. I like to look at it first to see if it's worth the money. Sometimes it's a lot of repeat photos from previous issues. I buy it for mainly inspiration. There's little instruction in them, but that's okay.

I much prefer that magazine to any of the American cake magazines though. The UK mags make the American mags look amateur. JMHO.

I don't think I'd fork over the high subscription fees for one though. Some editions are better than others. I'd rather buy each separately if it's one I really want.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%