Friday 13Th Jason Face Cake Help

Decorating By littlejake Updated 20 Feb 2009 , 12:09am by littlejake

littlejake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejake Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to do a carved Jason head. My conflict is, how do I build the facial features? I would also like to make it to where they can take the hockey mask off and still have it look like the deformed head. Anyone with any ideas? Any help would be much appricated. Thanks.

4 replies
cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 5

wow... lots of work. will be curious to see what folks say.... i guess this is a bump.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 5

check out the one i did last year for the actor kane hodder (jason)...it was quite simple, in the long run. kitchen cake on bottom,and carved cake sitting on top, "busting" through a banner. my husband bought me a cheap jason mask that he saw at a yard sale, and i printed up tons of pics from the internet showing me the details of the real mask (make sure to scout out the ones from the actual movie you are planning on copying...i found out the each of the movies took liberties with the mask, changing it's design sometimes).

i actually carved the cake, layed the fondant over and shape it, then dirtied and scarred the crap out of it to make it more realistic. the actor approved, and since he's spent alot of times in that mask in 4 of the movies, i was happy!

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 5

wow mixenvixen!!!!!!!!!! not only is the cake awesome, but the actor approved... wooooo hoooo! i have chills and thrills for ya!

littlejake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejake Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 12:09am
post #5 of 5

Thanks mixinvixen, that helps. I have a ton of pictures, from all the movies including the new one. I also bought a foam halloween mask and I will use that as my mask guide. How can I build up the nose and the lips? Can I use cake or should I use fondant? Your cake looks awsome, I pray mine comes close, thank you again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%