South America Cake

Decorating By mom2x Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 1:33pm by LittleLinda

mom2x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2x Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:31am
post #1 of 2

Hi there,

I want to make a cake with a South American theme for my 5 year old son's preschool class.

It has to be a large sheet cake because there will be at least 30 kids plus parents.

I have the following questions:

1. Any ideas on South America? I want thinking to make a map of South America

2. How do I make such a large cake with a filling? Is it better to put 4 cakes together?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Karen

1 reply
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 2

Are they studying South America? I think it would be uninteresting for pre schoolers. It would be more fun to do something from Nickalodeon like Rugrats or Sponge Bob, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly Odd Parents, etc. But, naturally, if that's the theme of the party, do South America. ... Hey! Isn't Dora the Explorer from South America? (not sure)

You can get 36-54 slices out of a 12x18 sheet cake. If this is a party where others are bringing food; I think a 12x18 is enough.
Four cakes together, I think will be too much cake and too much work for you. I'd probably skip the filling too ... pre-schoolers are so fussy.

I'm reading this myself and I sound negative ... that's not my intention. I'm trying to save you work on the size of cake and filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%