Soo Dissapointed!

Decorating By pinkbiz Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 7:33am by pinkbiz

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 17

so i just moved here (coconut creek, florida) from puerto rico and i want to continue doing my cakes just for fun... i have one for a friend on friday so i asked around and looked online for a cake supplie store...i first went to one like 30 mins from my house...oh my it was tiny barely had any cake boards, no pans, and worst of all NO FOndant! tho their cakes on display are beautiful....i might go take a class there...so we ask the lady to recommend a place where we can find fondant...and she sent us to a place in Miami ( 1 hr away from my house) soo i put the adress on my gps........you would not believe how far this place was! so we finally get there ( me and my mom) and we both have a headache and the place looks empty they just had a few things here and there... you had to grab a number wait for someone to take care of u they write down evrything u need and then go get it in the back..which i thought it was a little silly cause thats justs take a awful amount of time. oh and did i mention the prices super expensive. Anyways so im dissapointed cause i thought i would find a great place like the one i had back home , 10 mins from my house and it was cake heaven everything very organize and anything possible for cakes they had it..so we will see cause if i have to drive to MIami all the time i dont think i wanna do these anymore.....thanks for listening ( sorry for being so long i needed to vent lol)

16 replies
Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 17

Sounds like a good place to start a cake decorating store like the one you had back home???

icon_biggrin.gif

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 17

i know how you feel, there are NONE, not one cake decorating shop in my area, not even an hour away!!! theres michaels and ac moore, but they dont carry many items. so i do all my shopping online, how come you don't shop online? i think its easier than driving so far

pinkbiz Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 17

chippi! i know if i only i had the money i would!

and sugar wishes since the cake is for friday i dont want to take any chances of the order coming in late ...but trust me next time thats the route im taking not I-95 south lol

sugarwishes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:01am
post #5 of 17

OooO I didn't realize it was for friday!!!! I wouldn't take a chance either. Were you able to get everything you needed for the cake?

pinkbiz Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:35am
post #6 of 17

yes but the fondant wasnt the one i wanted which was white satin ice...they only had an ivory one that comes n a silver wrapper!!! and then i got a few things but i still feel like im missing...we will se what happends at least its for a friend...evry where i went was just like missing soo many things...maybe i was a little but too spoiled back home lol

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:55am
post #7 of 17

theres one in miramar called fiesta cakes and she carries satin ice fondant
theres also one in miami and one in kendall which is way further

sugarwishes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:56am
post #8 of 17

that stinks!! what kind of cake are you making? hopefully if you're missing anything, you will be able to make some adjustments.

pinkbiz Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:22am
post #9 of 17

kayla where is that one located at??? thanks icon_smile.gif

well im gonna be making a poker chip with some dices and playing cards but i think im going to have to buy real cards cause there isnt ivory cards jeje

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:44am
post #10 of 17

If you ever get a chance to come up around Orlando there is a good store called D and G Ocassions. They have had just about everything I have needed. I order stuff on line also. Its just easier when you have the time. Good luck.
Faye

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:06am
post #11 of 17

This might be the perfect opportunity for you to star a business. Get your Wilton certs and then sell the stuff that the students need, and then some. As a business like that, you would get discounts on the stuff that you are ordering for yourself too!!!

pinkbiz Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:06am
post #12 of 17

thanks ill keep that in mind....where are good online places? you know good deals

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:07am
post #13 of 17

Why not take this opportunity to try whipping up a batch of MMF, it's very easy to make and a lot cheaper than buying the premade stuff. It tastes great too, you can flavor it as you wish. Once you taste the homemade stuff you won't want to drive around to buy it.

pinkbiz Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:41am
post #14 of 17

lol yes but i just think about how time consuming it is! lol and messy i def wanna give it a try ...i need the recipe

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:33pm
post #15 of 17

Here's the link to Michelle Foster's fondant recipe that is awesome
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

Here's the link to Macsmom's MMF that is also awesome.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7351-5-Marshmallow-Fondant---MacsMoms-BC-flavored-variation.html

LOL!! Don't worry the more you make it the "less mess" you will make icon_biggrin.gif It's kind of fun...... icon_wink.gif

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 11:55pm
post #16 of 17

sorry i havent written back, ive been busy with cakes this weekend and now im working on my throwdown.

heres the info

http://www.suppliesforcakes.com/

Fiesta Cake
5746 Johnson St
Hollywood, FL 33021

Telephone:
954-239-0308
786-262-6859

Shes really nice, whatever she doesnt have she'll order for you.

I was there 2day and they have white satin ice fondant.

they close at 5 pm i think

pinkbiz Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 7:33am
post #17 of 17

thanks!icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%