Pricing Party Cakes..

Business By tarheelgirl Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm by springlakecake

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 5

I have my wedding cakes priced per serving. My party cakes that are 2 tiered and up I don't price per serving. I usually charge a flat rate according to how much decoration is required. Sheets and round I also charge a flat rate. Some are very little but lately I have gotten some crazy stuff that requires extra time. I feel my skill level has improved so now I think its time to raise my pricing a little. Just curious to see what the average pricing per serving is for party cakes. There are not too many that do what I do with fondant around here so its hard to tell what everyone charges in my area. Thanks for any advice! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 5

I dont' have different pricing for party and wedding cakes. A serving is a serving. If the customer wants to cut it bigger for a party, then they can buy a bigger cake. Insert my KFC analogy here.

Having a flat price vs. having a per-serving price is just a matter of semantics. If you sell a 25 serving cake for a flat price of $50, then it's $2/serving. It's just a matter of doing the math.

Add'l special embellishments should have an extra charge. Whether you charge a flat fee for the materials/time involved, or up the per-serving fee is, again, just semantics.

So call it a birthday cake, call it a wedding cake, call it a kiss-my-butt-at-8th-and-Main cake .... it's all the same price.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Quote:

So call it a birthday cake, call it a wedding cake, call it a kiss-my-butt-at-8th-and-Main cake .... it's all the same price.

icon_biggrin.gif Sounds good to me!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

LOL, too funny!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 5

I love your style, debi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%