American Cake Decorating Magazine

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 4:01pm by Yomomma

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 5:44am
post #1 of 14

Has anyone received a magazine recently? I received Dec. It seems like we should have a JAn/Feb magazine pretty soon. I wish it was a monthly magazine.

13 replies
ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 5:52am
post #2 of 14

The last one I got was the December issue.....I am with you...I wish it was a monthly mag.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 14

I placed my order for a subscription back in November. Still have yet to receive my first issue icon_sad.gif...

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 14

I placed my order for a subscription back in November. Still have yet to receive my first issue icon_sad.gif...

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:53am
post #5 of 14

Can you buy this anywhere retail, or do we have to order it? I'd be interested, but not after all this feedback on cc. icon_sad.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:21pm
post #6 of 14

Same here...last one I got was December too. It really should be coming out soon. And yes, you can buy them at some retail locations, but they won't get them any sooner than we will. AND they cost a lot more to buy them separately.

It's kind of weird though. Their website still doesn't say when the next issue is shipping out. Normally, it tells you the date and then a picture of the magazine. It should be getting here in a few days.

ODD.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 14

Also, they tell you that it takes 6-10 weeks to get your first issue...and it really does.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:41pm
post #8 of 14

I usually get one when I am ordering supplies online. I finally broke down and subscribed before Christmas ... I've been wondering if I would ever get a copy, but I guess I'll just be patient.

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:47pm
post #9 of 14

On the ACD website they say the next issue is a Feb/March. I would assume it would be coming out soon. I got my Jan/Feb issue of MBN at the end of January.
Here's my question for those who subscribe....do you get both ACD & MBN? Are they really that different? I currenly get MBN, and while there are a lot of nice pictures of cakes, I'm not too impressed with the overall usefullness of the publication. Is ACD better? Why two different magazines from the same company? I'd love to hear some opinions !
Thanks

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:10am
post #10 of 14

ACD has the more "professional" image cakes, whereas MBN includes cakes from all walks -novice to pro. I enjoy and subscribe to both (AND my ICES newsletter too!)

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:18am
post #11 of 14

Still waiting on my ACD magazine. Has anyone received their's yet?

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:22am
post #12 of 14

been getting mbn.......acd...... ices newsletter for 13 yrs. . love them all.. get two british magazines yearly also... love them too.. these are my treat to me...

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:50am
post #13 of 14

icer101, what British magazines do you get? I pick them up at the bookstore when I see them, but I would love to subscribe. I think there is an Australian magazine that is very good too, but I don't remember the name.

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 4:01pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Me too. 1st of November! icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%