Nfsc Up The Wazoo!

Baking By vickymacd Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 9:21pm by -K8memphis

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 9

Please tell me I'm not the only one that this has happened to for any reason!

Everything was going fine Friday since the last 2 weeks have been very stressful. House was clean and laundry done, kids at school. Decided to make a small batch of NFSC for Valentines Day. Not a big batch because I really don't like rolling/cutting cookies. I crank on the music to keep up my spirits (although a good wine would have worked too!)

One thing leads to another, phones ringing, doorbells buzzing, etc.
Next thing I know, my math skills go out the window. That's when disaster happened.
It took me all day long to mix in over 20 cups of flour into my kitchen filled with plates of dough glob portioned out since my KA couldn't handle it.
Yep, screwed up butter, so I had to add more sugar. Added wrong measurement of sugar so other ingredients had to keep increasing.
By the late afternoon of me mixing and portioning everything into bags, I didn't feel like baking cookies anymore. But someday I have enough for the largest gathering of cookie lovers!!

Happy Valentine's Day, all you Cookie Lovers!!

8 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 9

Oh, you poor thing! You are swimming in dough!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 9

You'll be glad one day, when you are in the mood for cookies and the dough is *magically* there for you in the freezer!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 9

I have to laugh!!! That happened with me, but with Cake!!! I was baking for ever!!! UGH!!!

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 9

This made my day.....thanks for the chuckle. It almost seems like it could be an episode of "I love Lucy". icon_lol.gif

The good news is...you will be prepared to make sugar cookies in a snap!

vickymacd Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 9

Okay so one day has passed since my cookie explosion.
My son opened the freezer as he was asking what we were having for dinner tonight. He said "Okay, we can have cookie dough, or we can have cookie dough".

Most days that would work for me, but for today, I think we won't have cookie dough. Ha, ha.

mommyle~ swimming in cake mix? That's how I felt the first time I made the WASC recipe. Sooooo much batter!!! I just kept putting it in every size pan I had.

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 9

YUP!!! I thought I'd bake Valentines cookies.... and ended up with almost 250. Keep in mind I'm just a hobbyist.

Of course, I'm known for this. Right after my husband and I got married 5 years ago, I wanted to make cupcakes for Halloween. I bought some of those silly royal icing decorations. First I had too many decorations and not enough cupcakes. Then too many cupcakes and not enough decorations. And so on, and so on. You can see where this is headed. Hubby took 100 cupcakes to his office. They STILL remember it and that was two bases ago!!

vickymacd Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 9:07pm
post #8 of 9

One thing is for sure....I bet they didn't complain about getting them!

I send all my over flows as well as normal stuff with my son who's in the Army. They love my goof ups!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 9:21pm
post #9 of 9

I did that the other day with some pound cake. So at the point where I realized my error which thankfully was just after sugar & butter but before eggs, I left enough in the bowl for the amount I wanted to make in the first place then wrapped up the odd amount and marked it well as to what it was and so I didn't have to diddle too bad.

Then it was pretty cool to be one up like that the next time I baked.

That whole math thing really stinks huh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%