Silpat In Dishwasher

Baking By shiney Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 12:46pm by Win

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:21am
post #1 of 8

I didn't keep my box or directions when I got my Silpat for Christmas. Do y'all put it in the dishwasher?

7 replies
lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:42am
post #2 of 8

I dont, usually just fill up the sink with soapy water, rinse well and place them between paper towels to dry on the counter. Mine have become quite greasy over the years though, so I'm wondering if you can, but I dont think so.

Maybe their so greasy because of the food network chefs using them, my family (husband, brother, friends) come over and recreate iron chef in my kitchen and dont clean them as well...icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 8

I wouldn't put them in the dishwasher. Hand wash them and towel dry them and you should be fine. icon_biggrin.gif

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 8

don't put in dishwasher...instructions say to just wash with warm soapy water.

ILoveMy6Boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveMy6Boys Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 5:30am
post #5 of 8

I have put my silpat in the dishwasher and they come out just fine. I put them in the plate slot and round the edge into the plate slot next to it. Works just fine and the come out squeeky clean icon_biggrin.gif Just be careful not to crease the silpat or you will run the risk of cracking the fibers inside the silicone.

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:53am
post #6 of 8

I don't think you are supposed to put it in the dishwasher. But if Ilovemyboys did and it came out ok then maybe.... I might put it in just once to get that greasy film off. I too can't seem to get it SHINEY and clean (yeah, i know that was a bad pun, shiney). icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:20pm
post #7 of 8

I read not too on the box mine came in.
I just use very warm water and elbow grease - with a *tad* of detergent so as not to build a film up on it.
Rinse well under very warm water - and bingo - clean as new.

Bh.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:46pm
post #8 of 8

Because the weave inside the Silpat is glass, the instructions emphasize NOT washing in a dishwasher. As well, they are supposed to be stored flat and not rolled. Both reasons are so the glass weave does not become stressed and cause breakage within --rendering the performance of a Silpat moot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%