Supplies Austin, Tx- Central Texas Bakers....

Decorating By johnson6ofus Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 5:40pm by johnson6ofus

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 8

OK folks--- hobby baker only, but want to try (1) Pastry Pride; (2) Frostin' Pride; and (3) Rich's Chocolate Bettercreme. Saw them in SMart and Final in LA... but where do you get this is our area....? Help, please...

7 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:34am
post #2 of 8

I'm pretty sure All In One has Bettercream....

http://www.allinonebakeshop.com/default.asp

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:42am
post #3 of 8

I have been seeing a lot of topics for bettercream, now here's my silly question, is there a difference between bettercream and buttercream and what is the difference.

johnson6ofus Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:35am
post #4 of 8

thanks kelly- i will check them out.

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:58am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueask

I have been seeing a lot of topics for bettercream, now here's my silly question, is there a difference between bettercream and buttercream and what is the difference.

Rich's Bettercreme is a whipped icing. There are lots of variations for Buttercream. What is used in grocery stores and called buttercream is usually made with butter and/or shortning, powder sugar, milk or water and flavoring.

You can get bettercreme at Sam's club (I think) You can get Pastry Pride at All in One Bake Shop in Austin.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:03am
post #6 of 8

I've heard that not all Sam's Clubs carry bettercreme, but I could be wrong. Mine does, but they only carry 28 lb buckets. icon_eek.gif I believe the cake supply store I go to carries some sort of non-dairy whipped icing, but I can't remember what brand it is. That's American Gift Shoppe in San Antonio.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:20pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheCake

You can get bettercreme at Sam's club (I think) You can get Pastry Pride at All in One Bake Shop in Austin.

I'm wondering if All in One will have Pastry Pride at the cake show .... icon_confused.gif

johnson6ofus Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:40pm
post #8 of 8

thanks y'all icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Always looking for new stuff to try- 28 pounds of icing from sam's is not an option- except for my widening hips...lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%