? Equivalent Of Liquid Pantry Pride Vs Already Whipped Icing

Decorating By sandy1 Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 4:23am by sandy1

sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making the Bavarian Cream icing from this site that requires 2 cups of Pantry Pride. I have not been able to find Pantry Pride in my area. I purchased already whipped Bettercream icing from Sam's Club, which is suppose to take the place of the Pantry Pride. How much icing does 2 cups of liquid Pantry Pride make once it has been whipped?????
Thanks,
Sandy

4 replies
sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 5

I think you mean Pastry Pride. Pastry Pride can be purchased at Smart and Final. Pastry Pride has a 1/3 ratio, if I am correct. So, 6 cups. HTH

sandy1 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:36am
post #3 of 5

Thankyou. The recipe calls for one package of instant vanilla pudding to 2 cups of liquid Pastry Pride so I needed to know how much the 2 cups of Pastry Pride made once it was whipped. If I'm reading your message correctly, you are saying you think it makes 6 cups of icing once it is whipped. I'm I correct? The icing I bought from Sam's Club is already whipped.
Thanks so much,
Sandy

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:39am
post #4 of 5

Yep. Sam's bettercream is already whipped and from what I hear, is a very similar product. My container of Pastry Pride says 1/3 when whipped, meaning that 1 cup liquid is 3 cups whipped. So 6 cups whipped should be correct.

sandy1 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:23am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much for the information!!!
Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%