Candy/rkt Sushi!!!

Lounge By lindambc Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 11:19am by cutthecake

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 8

I just had to share this with everyone!

We had my son's Valentine's Party today and one of the mom's made Candy Sushi for the class. When I first saw it I really thought she had made real sushi!

It was made by spreading rice krispy treats on a gree fruit roll up then laying gummi worms in the center. She rolled them up then cut them like sushi!

I have to say they tasted soo yummy! She also said that they taste better with red fruit roll ups but it takes away from the true sushi look!

Enjoy!!!!
LL
LL

7 replies
dbledet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbledet Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 8

That is so creative! I love it!!! icon_lol.gif

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 8

I love love love it. It looks so real! My sisters love sushi..I like some of it, but not all. I am going to do this at our next gathering! Thanks for posting!

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 8

I remember seeing this on nick jr. How cute it looks! I love it when mommies make stuff to bring to class.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:26pm
post #5 of 8

I make these for April Fools day too.
This is how mine turned out.
You can also make them out of Twinkies
LL

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 12:37am
post #6 of 8

vickymacd, yours are great! I love your presentation. With the twinkies, do you just roll the twinkies in the fruit roll up? Those sound yummy too!!!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 11:25am
post #7 of 8

Here's a pic of the Twinkies. Same idea except you cut the twinkies, stuff in the pieces of 'worms' and roll a piece of the Fruit Roll Up around the Twinkie. In the other persons sushi, it looked like they rolled the whole thing.

In mine, I only rolled the OUTSIDE of the Krispie or Twinkie.
LL

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 11:19am
post #8 of 8

My niece saw RKT sushi at school, so I made some with her and her sister. We googled real sushi and RKT sushi for photos, and I bought a variety of gummy candies. Swedish fish are perfect for adding a fishy look!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%