How To Make Heart Shaped Cake Without Shaped Pan

Decorating By Chonya Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 5:31am by johnson6ofus

Chonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonya Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 7

I know you can make it, but cant remember how to put heart cake together without the shaped pan??

6 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 7

I'd use a templet and cut a sheet cake into the shape wanted. I'd recommend freezing the sheet cake first, making it easier to carve. Should give you a fine heart.

asschergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asschergirl Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 7

it should be one square pan, and one circle pan

Cut the circle in half, turn the square to a diamond shape and put each half circle on each side, there you have a heart

Hope that helps!

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 7

I need a 12 inch heart for this weekend and only have a 9 inch. I made a 12 inch round cake and will make a template to make a 12 inch heart.
I'm sure it will work! icon_rolleyes.gif

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 7

I've done it just carving a large round cake. To get a good shape, fold a piece of parchment in half, and draw half a heart with the centre along the crease. Make sure the rounded part on the top and point at the bottom fits onto your cake, ensuring the middle crease is right in the centre of the cake (like from 12 to 6 o'clock). Cut the outline and open the paper and you have your evenly-shaped heart. Check the fit on your cake and adjust as necessary before carving. And avoid carving a very freshly baked cake...day-old, or refrigerated is best. Good luck!

This sounds more complicated than it really is, trust me! icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 2:24am
post #6 of 7

The easiest thing to do is as asschergirl said. Bake one 8" square and one 8" round. Cut the round in half and attach each half to adjoining sides of the square.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:31am
post #7 of 7

I agree with the square and circle method... but carving= cake balls! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%