Peanut Butter Cookies

Baking By louie750 Updated 31 Jan 2007 , 8:17pm by fourwidemans

louie750 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louie750 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 12:42am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know of a chewy pb cookie recipe? I have one that does make a soft cookie, but its still a little crumbly. I'm looking for something more 'chewy'

3 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 4

My mother always added a bit of honey (like 2 Tablespoons) to her recipe along with the sugars, I am not sure if they is why her cookies were soft and chewy or not, but it wouldn't hurt to try it.

KCotten Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCotten Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 4

Peanut Butter Cookies

2 1/2c All Purpose Flour
1t Baking powder
1c Sugar
1c Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
1c Peanut Butter
1/2t Soda
1/4t Salt
2 Eggs
1t Vanilla
2 sticks of real butter (softened)

Mix dry ingredients and set aside. Cream remaining ingredients. Slowly mix all ingredients together. Drop on UNGREASED cookie sheets (I use my small cookie metal cookie scoop). Press lightly criss-crossing over top with a damp fork. Bake at 375 for 5-6 minutes. Makes approx. 5 dozen.

*Note: I remove my pans from the oven before you can see brown around the edges. This results in a VERY soft cookie! Let me know if you try them and how they turn out for you.

fourwidemans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourwidemans Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 4

I get many requests to make the recipe I use which is on Crisco.com, it is called Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies. The crisco (use butter flavored)makes them very soft and chewy. I always get many compliments! Good luck with whatever you decide to try! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%