The Chocolate Wasc Is To Die For!!!

Decorating By ddaigle Updated 19 Mar 2014 , 9:29pm by timeforcake

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:10pm
post #31 of 42

...umm, this thread is about the WASC cake, right? I make mine like the new chocolate WASC recipe you are all talking about, but with the additional substitutions I mentioned.

Here is the recipe I use before the changes:
http://www.recipezaar.com/White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Wedding-Cake-69630

I've been using BC dark chocolate, but I am going to try DH dark chocolate next.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:16pm
post #32 of 42

MacMom...you use 3 cups of liquid and the 1/4 c. of oil?

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:18pm
post #33 of 42

Hi i have a question too ... specially about cheesecake fillings in cakes... any tips on how to apply these into a cake filling would be much appreciated... i havent tried it and it sounds so yummy... do you make the filling as per normal as the flavour you want then apply to cake then refrigerate it or do you refrigerate first before adding to your cakes... sorry if confusing but want to try out on my own anniversary cake next month and scared i gonna make a soggy cake... thanks in advance

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:19pm
post #34 of 42

Yes. It's only an additional 1/3 c liquid from the original version. I've found that my batter gets very thick if I don't the extra liquid. Maybe it's the pudding mix icon_rolleyes.gif

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:19pm
post #35 of 42

I used Pillsbury too and it did not sink on me! I also used the coffee a little warm.. yummy!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:26pm
post #36 of 42

Ariginal....In the cake I just made, after I baked my chocolate WASC, I used the same 10" pan and baked a cheesecake. I torted the cheesecake just like I did my chocolate becuase they were made in a 3" pan instead of a 2". The cake I am making tomorrow will have a cheesecake mousse filling...which will be much easier to deal with. I bought a box of cheesecake instant pudding and added 2 cups heaving whipping cream and some strawberry jam....and whipped up. I am going to add some LoAnn straberry oil, becuase I want a more strawberry taste.

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:37pm
post #37 of 42

Oh, and I didn't use the "Amazing Chocolate WASC" recipe. I use wgoat's version that I saw in the forums...

Start with WASC and then:
sub choc. cake mix for white (I used DH dark choc fudge)
instead of egg whites do 6 whole eggs
sub 2/3 of the flour for cocoa powder
sub all of the water for cooled brewed coffee

It tastes amazing. But the centers are deinfitely cooked (I torted them already), and definitely about 1/4"-1/2" below the level of the rest of the cake. Less after leveling. But a noticable dip...

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:24pm
post #38 of 42

DDaigle, I gave it a try this past weekend. I used it on my cake for the contest and it got RAVE reviews from everyone. Normally my crowd just eats it and doesn't say too much. It doesn't mean that it's bad.. it's just the norm. I had 3 actually say "This is really good." I used your recipe suggestions and the chocolate buttercream (crusting) that's in the recipe section. The buttercream is TO DIE FOR. I loved it. Like I said, everyone loved this cake, but the only thing I thought about it was that it reminded me of store-bought even after adding all the ingredients. It was good... don't get me wrong, but I want to figure out a way to make it denser, more home-made tasting. I know.. make a home-made one, right? LOL I'm going to use it because it got such great reviews, though. Thanks for the head's up on this recipe.

Oh, yea! I almost forgot. I opened the oven about the time I thought it was done and literally watched the middle fall. LMAO Oh well...

Lisa

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:26pm
post #39 of 42

DDaigle, I gave it a try this past weekend. I used it on my cake for the contest and it got RAVE reviews from everyone. Normally my crowd just eats it and doesn't say too much. It doesn't mean that it's bad.. it's just the norm. I had 3 actually say "This is really good." I used your recipe suggestions and the chocolate buttercream (crusting) that's in the recipe section. The buttercream is TO DIE FOR. I loved it. Like I said, everyone loved this cake, but the only thing I thought about it was that it reminded me of store-bought even after adding all the ingredients. It was good... don't get me wrong, but I want to figure out a way to make it denser, more home-made tasting. I know.. make a home-made one, right? LOL I'm going to use it because it got such great reviews, though. Thanks for the head's up on this recipe.

Oh, yea! I almost forgot. I opened the oven about the time I thought it was done and literally watched the middle fall. LMAO Oh well...

Lisa

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 3:34am
post #40 of 42

The link to the amazing chocolate WASC is no good icon_sad.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 7:21am
post #41 of 42

Yes, cakepro's amazing chocolate cake is so delicious!! Her amazing lemon cake is to die for. I tried 4-5 from scatch lemon cake recipes. all failed me. Hers did not. I use homemade lemon curd and homemade blueberry filling and also have used homemade raspberry and lemon curd. To die for. So moist. I don,t know if she has any other recipes on this site. Need to p.m her and ask. hth

timeforcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
timeforcake Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 9:29pm
post #42 of 42

Baking this recipe right now.  Batter tastes divine.  I'm hoping it is a great stacker, as I need a 6" height.

Just FYI  the correct link is

http://cakecentral.com/a/amazing-chocolate-wasc-cake

also, as a point of reference, I made three 10" cakes and the batter divided into 1 lb, 12 oz cakes.  They look to be about 2" high layers at this point.

Thanks for the discussion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%