Where Would I Find Bettercreme (Rich's) Or Frosting Pride

Decorating By Redlotusninjagrl Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 9:47pm by PrissN

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 7

Okay so I have noticed that some people have been able to find this in stores like Costco. I LOVE whipped cream icing from the bakery. Any other stores carry one of these? Also, where do you find it? In the freezer section? With creamer and eggs? Also, if I am able to find it, do they sell it in chocolate flavoring, and if not, does anyone know how to make it chocolate? Man, I sure do ask a lot of questions!!!! If anyone can give this newbie some help, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

6 replies
cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 7

I am in NC and have yet to find the liquid version of Rich's bettercreme. I would love to know as well where to find it. I personally do not like the mock version.

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 7

The only place I've ever seen it is Smart and Final. In fact I just found Richs Chocolate Bettercream today when I went in for something else. They also carry Pastry Pride, Frostin Pride and Pastry Pride Premire(which is new to me so I'm not sur what the difference is) I read here on a forum that you can pre-order from Sam's Club not sure on that.

Good Luck its quick and easy and tastes good too!

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 7

I don't know where you are. But here are the stores I beleive people have found it at:

Cash & Carry
Smart & Final
GFS.

Yes they do make a chocolate. There is bettercreme and pastry pride. My store only carries bettercreme in chocolate and pastry pride in vanilla. Some of my local cake stores carry them as well.

HTH

Judi

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 7

I am in MI and can find it at Gordons food service, it is in the freezer by the coffee creamer, whipped cream etc...... to make mine chocolate i just add hersheys syrup to it it is yummy!!!!

sheeza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheeza Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 7

i am in Toronto and couldn't find Bettercreme or frosting pride . but i was able to locate nutriwhip
and it was in the freezer with coffee creamers and whipping cream.

i have been able to make roses and carnation like flowers with it as well and they kept their shape in the fridge for 3 days and outside for an hour ( it was all eaten by the end of the hour so i don't know if the flowers would hold their shape any longer )

To make chocolate flavor just pour in some chocolate syrup and whip it up .icon_smile.gif
hth

PrissN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrissN Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 9:47pm
post #7 of 7

you may also want to try Albertsons as they are specializing in a new service where you want an item and they dont have it in stock or dont even carry it, they will special order it for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%