What Do You Charge For Cake Pops?

Decorating By tonicake Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 12:45pm by tonicake

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 19

I'm just curious what everyone charges for the cake pops. Individually, bouquets, in a box or tin?

I sent a bouquet to the hospital to a friend having a baby and now the requests are coming in. So, it would be nice to have an idea of what you charge.

I live in the middle of the "Bible Belt" to give you an idea of location.

Thank you.

18 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 19

forgive me... I've heard of cookie pops, but not cake pops (I haven't been on here for a while)
do you have a pic?

tonicake Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 19

Yes, there are quite a few here on CC. You can find the recipe at Bakerella.com.

Here is a link from CC:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1265588.html

Maybe this will help.

Thank you for responding.

Toni

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 19

i was just thinkging about this...

I would say $1-1.25.. on a lolly stick, wrapped in clear paper and tied with a twisty tie.

minimum order... XX i would say atleast 2 doz. A recipe makes what 40-50?

Then chargen more if they want it in some kinda container $10-15?. don't forget delievery. Think of what flowershops charge...

Good luck! I just made some of these, I will post pics soonicon_smile.gif

tonicake Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 11:26pm
post #5 of 19

Thank you. I was kind of figuring 1.50 for individual pops. That's fairly close to what you were thinking.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 12:20am
post #6 of 19

well i would do 1.5 for the lil cupcake looking ones.. maybe different based on design.

they really do take time !

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:03am
post #7 of 19

Before I knew it was illegal to sell out of my home, I priced them based on the order size.

If the person ordered 2 dozen or more, $1.50/each.
1-2 Dozen, $1.75/each and less than a dozen, $2/each. Everyone I knew would have paid that or more.

The reason I gave a slight discount for the larger batches is because it was a PITA for me to do all the work for a small order..if I was gonna drag out the chocolate melts and such, I wanted to do it for a large number. But that was me. icon_smile.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:19am
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

The reason I gave a slight discount for the larger batches is because it was a PITA for me to do all the work for a small order..if I was gonna drag out the chocolate melts and such, I wanted to do it for a large number. But that was me. icon_smile.gif

thats one way to do it.

tonicake Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:46am
post #9 of 19

I like the bigger the batch deal. I may have to visit that destination. Work smarter not harder -definately! I don't have "spare" time just to do a few of them and that does make a lot of sense.

Thank you for your input.

Toni icon_biggrin.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:19am
post #10 of 19

id say if they order a "whole batch" which is 40-50 is where you cut off the "deal" after that its just becomes WAY time consuming!

oh i don't know. its 2:20 i need to go to bed.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 8:53am
post #11 of 19

alright now its 4 am.. i really need to go to bed.

here are the heart lollies i made tonight... I put up a tutorial as well.

ill link it later.
LL

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 1:53pm
post #12 of 19

Those are so cute! icon_biggrin.gif

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:10pm
post #13 of 19

Something to note of, a local boutique is selling chocolate covered oreos for $6.00 each. These are way cuter!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:15pm
post #14 of 19

thanks emrldsky!

6 bux for an oreo!??!

my tutorial as i promised

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6245160.html#6245160

tonicake Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 12:40pm
post #15 of 19

Sorry for no responses, my brother had my computer working on it for last couple of days. Actually working on my web site and posting prices. Now I need to go back and do some changes on the cake pop pricing or just remove it until I read all of your great suggestions.

Rocketgirl, I agree with you on the cut-off.
I love the lollies you made. I must try them and see if I can make them as cute as yours.

Every time I read this post there is another smart something I didn't think of. I just wish they could all come at the same time icon_lol.gif .

Thank you!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:09am
post #16 of 19

i need a brother that can fix my computer. uhhh. i just need a new one! oh well. I would rather have a slow comp and new cake toys!

gritswife... whats you site? I would love to check it out.

plus, I think if you shape them and wrap them right they will stay in the freezer for a while? I have been snacking on the ones I haven't dipped yet... and they don't get hard as a rock.

good luck icon_smile.gif

tonicake Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:14am
post #17 of 19

I just got a new computer. Unfortunately, it like all the new computers has Vista. HATE IT! (So, we put MS Word 2007 and that helps alot!) Anyway, I still need to do a few more things to my web site, but I'm very pleased to have it functioning. My web address:

creativecakesbytoni.com

I still like and get new cake toys. I just have to have them! I just ordered 3 of the fat daddios turn tables (can't remember what the actual name is-having a brain blink-sorry). They were at Amazon.com for 12.00 plus no shipping. Did you see that post?

I love cake so much, there for I love cake pops! I don't care if it just came out of the freezer or just mixed up-it's still wonderful! I'm not sure if I've ever felt like I've eaten too much cake. Not a good sign. Thank you for the tutorial. I appreciate the pictures. Great ideas.

Q: The filling doesn't taste like the silicone does it? I actually threw away some silicone bake mats, because of the rubber taste it gave the cookies.

Thank you!
Toni

Rocketgirl899 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 6:07am
post #18 of 19

I saw the post for fat daddios... but missed it icon_sad.gif guess im stuck with my crappy wilton longer.. tho sometimes I hi-jack my moms huge lazy susan off the table.... hehe.

haha. i like cake... dont love it. im crazy, i just like decorating it. i eat it tho... cakeballs! god id eat that stuff with a spoon....

the filling did not taste like silicone. sorry you had that issue. what brand was it?

tonicake Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 12:45pm
post #19 of 19

Sorry you missed the fat daddios deal. That was to good to pass up. I'd just bought one from my local cake deco store - $55.00. Sad! If I were you, I swipe my mom's lazy susan too!

As far as the silicone, I think it was Rubbermaid. That was when it first came out.

I must try soon on the cake pops with the heart shape though. I just love that idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%