?storing Chocolate Covered Strawberries?

Decorating By eatdessert1st Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm by -K8memphis

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 6

I tempered the choc. and dipped yesterday afternoon. Stored overnight in refrig (I didn't want the leaves to wither); now the strawberries are a bit weepy. They still look good (for teacher appreciation snack day) but for future reference...what's the best way to store them overnight? I know best scenario would be to dip the day of delivery but it's just not feasible for me. It takes me FOREVER to temper the chocolate... doesn't want to get to 85F quickly.

Melanie Mc.

5 replies
kdscalling Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdscalling Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 6

Hi,

I do not have the answer to your question but I would like to know it too.

Also, what is the best chocolate to use?

Katherine

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 6

Hey, Katherine:
I used Lindt milk chocolate bars, melted and tempered. I wanted them to harden well. I've also used the little cups of choc. for dipping (found them in Walmart and local grocery store) that you just melt and dip. I had a LOT of strawberries to dip so did them en masse. Would love to see what other people are using, too!

Mel Mc.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 6

I dont store mine in the frig overnight. Once I dip I package. Never had a problem before. Maybe some one else could give you another approach to this.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 6

I have never had success in dipping and then storing in the refrigerator. They have always weeped after that, so I dip and then send it off.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, it's dip and serve. There is no storing of them. I mean my candy store here in Elvistown encoats the strawberry in a thick layer of poured fondant then dips in chocolate.

So it's a big candy wad. But if you are dipping ole regular strawberries, it's dip and serve. Gotta get up early, it's a last minute deal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%