How Do I Make Boobs And A Belly?

Decorating By LearningHowToBake Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 8:46pm by erikamj

LearningHowToBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LearningHowToBake Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 2

I want to bake one of those baby shower tummy cakes, like the one in the photo! I don't know how to bake the boobs and the tummy. I have the site to the step by step directions and I have heard you can use the Pyrex bowls. However, I have ceramic bowls which are the perfect size.

However, it doesn't say they are 'tempered'. They are ceramic and have been painted. They are microwave safe and dishwasher safe. I looked on the site where I had bought them and it doesn't mention anything about putting them in the oven.

Since you bake the cake at such a low temperature for a long time, since it is so thick, do you think it is safe?

What happens to a bowl if it isn't oven 'safe' and you place it in there? I just didn't want to spend money on more bowls or baking pans, if I didn't have to. Is there a way to test the bowls? I have a million, could I try one in the oven and see? I just don't want the house to burn down... icon_smile.gif lol
LL

1 reply
erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 2

I have used the 2 halves of the sports ball pan when I have needed to make boobs..
As for the ceramic bowl, I think it would just split if it isn't oven proof. It might make a big mess in your oven but I don't think it will set anything on fire.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%