Food Network Bride Challenge

Decorating By dream Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 2:21am by mum1205

dream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 13

Click the link below and watch the video. I hope this hasn't been posted already.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food-network-challenge/index.html

12 replies
iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 13

I can't find when it is supposed to air...it actually looks interesting! I have been kind of bummed at the last few challenges...

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 13

wow i can't wait to see it!!! not only have i been waiting to see anne from the pink cake box to compete, but this show looks very interesting!!! i could never imagine a bride helping me in a competition, especially one that has no idea about baking or decorating. does anyone know when its gonna air?

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 13

Ok. But who won?????? UGH!!!!! Image

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 13

I think if all brides assisted, the bridezilla symdrome would vanish! LOL

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 13

What is The Pink Cake Box's username on CC? She makes beautiful cakes!

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 11:56pm
post #7 of 13

You know it looks cool and all that, but I want to know why they make it so darn complicated for the decorators?!!?

I mean come on, you are supposed to create this gorgeous cake, and instead of giving you a real assistant, they give you someone who knows nothing about cake decorating? How are you supposed to create art, under time restraints too, when they keep throwing ridiculous obstacles at you? The cakes turn out looking like crap, and then you really dont want to give the money to anyone. So you are choosing the least-crappy cake??

I vote for a show that just lets me watch the cake-making process (kinda like Amazing Wedding Cakes) instead of all of these silly challenge ones. I think all of us die-hards would watch it.

iamlis Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 12:16am
post #8 of 13

I AGREE! Some of the hoops they jump through jeapordizes the detail work, but i guess they think that is what gets people tuning in, the drama-but really I only watch it to see my faves decorating!

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 12:25am
post #9 of 13

I agree with everyone about it being very difficult but they do say in the video whoever wins, the bride to be will have the cake that they help make in the challenge RECREATED by the designer, so even if it doesn't come out amazing there, it's going to be redone for the weding. So this challenge is really all about fun, I think it will be very interesting and great entertainment.

iamlis Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 12:33am
post #10 of 13

For some reason I am really excited to watch this one. It looks intriguing and it has been a while since I have gotten really excited about the challenge.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 12:45am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde

I vote for a show that just lets me watch the cake-making process (kinda like Amazing Wedding Cakes) instead of all of these silly challenge ones. I think all of us die-hards would watch it.

<raising hand> I'd watch! I'd watch! icon_lol.gif

sweetsbyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyl Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 12:50am
post #12 of 13

Does anyone know, when will it air?

mum1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mum1205 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:21am
post #13 of 13

I LOVe Anne's (from the Pink Cake Box) work! On her blog, she states that this episode is supposed to air on March 22, at 8:00 EST.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%