Putting Cookies On Sticks?

Business By JGMB Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 1:03pm by JGMB

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:25am
post #1 of 5

I have no idea how to put cookies on sticks to make those lovely bouquets! I looked at the Wilton site, and they say to attach the lollipop stick to the back of the baked cookie with melted chocolate.

Is that how you all do it, or do you insert the stick into the dough before it's baked?

Thanks in advance! I'm planning on doing some Valentine's ones.

4 replies
Bania Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bania Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 5:46am
post #2 of 5

Hi there yes the easiest way to attach the stick is before baking. Just make sure you roll out your cookies a bit thicker and press the stick down onto the dough. What I have also done is cut out small shapes and over laped the stick once on the cookie before baking. Hope this makes sense.[/img][/url]
LL

JGMB Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much for the answer, Bania. Your bouquet looks terrific! I hope mine turns out 1/2 that good.

Julie

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:04am
post #4 of 5

I am doing coas too. So far I have done about 100 with another 120 to go just for this V-day. I roll my cookies a little thicker than usual and after laying the cut-out dough on the pan I insert the stick gently about 1/2 way up as so the cookie weight won't fall off. Remember not to move the cookies from the pan until they are cooled and then pick up by the cookie not the stick until they are completely cooled and set up. The No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe found here works great. Then there is the dispute over what icings to use. I prefer a corn syrup and powdered sugar but it seems alot of decorators here use royal. Just a matter of choice.

JGMB Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 1:03pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, Pooh the Bear, for taking time out of your busy VD Day baking schedule to help me!!! I appreciate it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%