Need Help. Please., Would Like To Know, Which 1 =]

Baking By miasuzzette Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 6:28pm by JanH

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:36am
post #1 of 5

icon_biggrin.gif I need to make a Wedding Cake, The Young Lady is asking for Buttercream. I always used Fondant, Never, Buttercream. I would like to know from you all. If I may & with Respect to the one's that Made these Buttercream, Which one I should use best & Thank you for your Time, I appreciate it. Thank you too to the one's that Made These Buttercream.

Buttercream Dream or Indydebi's Crisco-Based Buttercream Icing.

Margie From Ct thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:49am
post #2 of 5

I'm curious, what do you normally put between the cakes and the fondant? What do you normally fill the cakes with?

I have not made either of those buttercreams, I normally make an IMBC, but Indydebi's has gotten lots of rave reviews and she is a decorator par excellance, so if I had to choose another BC to make, I'd go for her's.

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:02am
post #3 of 5

I don't put any filling. For an ex: I make 6 by 3 & Brush Brandy Syrup Or other Flavor. That's How I was Taught, I never try to do the filling. I should Try & see. Is always a 1st. Thanks for your Respond. thumbs_up.gif

Margie from Ct

P.S always willing to learn. Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 5

Filling isnt difficult, even if you use the syrup on the outside to make the fondant stick, you could still put a filling between the layers.

My vote is for IndyDebi's recipe as well, I use a variation of hers and my customers LOVE. It crusts well too.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 5

Everything you ever wanted to know to bake, assemble and decorate your first tiered/stacked/layer cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Above has cake, buttercream and fondant recipes, as well as filling & fondant usage charts and so much more.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%